Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Some Scars Never Heal

Yes indeed. Some scars never heal, especially those that come from abuse. Those of us who have been abused may hope to forget, wish away and try to ignore how much it harts to think about how an abuser has hurt us. I know so very well how this pain never heals. The pain is more than the physical pain, so anyone who has not been through abuse cannot know what we are talking about. 

It is for this reason that I forgive, or so I think I do, those who I reached out to in order to speak to someone about the abuse I was going through, and no one seemed to believe me. I needed someone to listen to my situation, and may be guide me on how to deal with it. It was disappointing to see that some of those I spoke to thought I was making up what I was saying. Devastating. It is devastating to reach out for help and to not be believed. 

What is interesting is that one of these individuals was petty in noticing that something was bothering me. He/she wanted to know what was bothering me. I confided in this person. I thought she/she would keep my confidence, at least as given the career path of this individual. Oh no. I should have known.

The other one got even closer. While I appreciated the help, it suddenly began to feel strange when she/he would tell everyone who came by what I had gone through. This was confidential stuff, and she is now broadcasting? What is even more devastating is the fact that this individual invites me to her/his home for safety. And here is where it all happens. I am abused again. I am raped all over again. I figure, I have to report this. But other social factors come to play. The rapist is close to my boss such that if I reported him, they are unlikely to believe me. I love my job so very much that I decide to keep up with this crap. I can’t afford a good attorney and so and on and on....

I share this experience because I know that there are many children, women, and even men who go through this difficult time when that are trying to survive abuse. While this is real experience in some aspects, I have avoided to use real names to protect certain people's identities. I suppose if they read it, they will know themselves though. The point is, the pain of abuse is too much so you reach out for help. Then you get burnt by those you confide in. it is terrible. 

I am here to let you know that this experience should not make you give up. There are people there that can genuinely help you. In life we run into bad luck, quite often. However, we should never give up because of our bad experience. I haven't.  Join me as we expose those abusers and protect those who shun abuse. Let's give especially children a chance at life. 

At WISO we mentor young girls and boys, and we listen to situations and help refer survivors to the right resources in the community so they can get genuine help. We speak to all who are interested. To initiate a discussion, contact us at wiso2011@gmail.com or visit www.wiso2011.org to let us know anyone who we should reach out to.


Enjoy your peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment